Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Mercado

I am starting to feel a little more Spanish everyday.  A couple of days ago, I went to the mercado central, or the central market, to buy my produce, bread and ham.  Yes, I am now one of those people who buys a fresh baguette every other day to have with my meals and I stood in line at a jamonería, or a ham shop, to have the butcher slice me off pieces of jamón serrano and a chunk of cheese.


Queso de oveja y jamón serrano

The market is really, really nice.  It's big, bright, clean and full of people.  You can buy anything there from fruits, veggies, meat, and when I say meat, I mean every part of the animal, bread, pastries, fish, cheese, eggs, olives and pretty much anything fresh.  I now know where I will be going for all of my fresh food because it's cheaper than the supermarkets, probably more local and better quality.

Inside the mercado central


No comments:

Post a Comment