Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Beauty of the Province of Almería


This weekend some friends and I decided that we needed to get out of the city for a day and go to Cabo  de Gata to do a little physical activity.  Cabo de Gata is a national park in the south-eastern corner of the Iberian Peninsula/Spain.  We were dropped off on the Playa de San Miguel, which was a nice, quiet, seaside pueblo.  We started out on the beach and walked all the way down to the next pueblo which is called Almadraba de Montelva.  This pueblo was even smaller and quieter, but it was just as cute.  We found a little park with picnic tables to enjoy a picnic lunch of bread, cheese, chorizo, salichichón, apples, nuts, muffins, principes and wine that we packed for the four of us.


It was an afternoon well spent.  The weather was beautiful, the water was a beautiful green-dark blue color and we even came across an area with flamingos!  I know that we weren't even in the most beautiful part of Cabo De Gata, but the view was just as nice and worth the visit.  Next time we go, we will have to keep moving along the cape until we have seen the whole thing on foot.


I am mesmerized by the color of the water...

(PC- Steph)
I am loving the fact that I live right on the coast and near one of the most beautiful national parks in Spain.  It is so easy to just pack a picnic and go out to the cape and spend an afternoon lounging in the sun, enjoying the quiet off-season beach life.

No comments:

Post a Comment