Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sailing Away

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover." – Mark Twain

This morning I came across an article with this quote and it really struck me.  I think that Mark Twain did a great job answering the question that people always ask me:  
"Why are you going to Spain?"

I always say that I don't want to have any regrets, I don't ever want to wonder, 'what if?' I am here to explore, dream and discover.  I have pulled away from the safe harbor to try new things, meet new people, have brand new experiences.  This process forces me to get to know myself better.  While I am here, I am figuring out the things that I am willing to do and try, testing my limits, growing to be more independent and figuring out when it is a good idea for me to actually depend on other people.  


I am thankful every day that I have this opportunity and that I am experiencing all that I have.  I am exploring new places everyday, my dreams become realities and I am discovering who I really am and what I am really capable of.  These are the most important parts of this experience.  What I am learning here in Spain, I will always carry with me into the future and into all of my adventures that are yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment