Last month I spent a weekend in Granada with my friend Becca. She had never seen the city before, so I gladly showed her around! We did all of the typical tourist things: The Alhambra, the Cathedral, the Royal Chapel, the Mirador, etc... We also spent a lot of time just wandering around the streets, taking photos of pretty houses and other things that caught out eye. And the trip was not complete until after we had stopped by Maria's apartment to have lunch one afternoon :)
Whenever I go to Granada with new people, I go to most of the same places, but I always discover something new. This time, when we walked up to the Mirador de San Nicolas, we saw that the patio of the main mosque was open. We decided to wander in and check it out. The patio was really nice and tranquil. There were a bunch of people sitting around reading a book, taking a quick siesta, listening to the water in the fountains or gazing at the Alhambra without all of the chaos from the Mirador. It seemed like the perfect place to do these things because it was so calm and inviting. They even left the door open to the building so that you could see inside, which was neat.
 |
| The Mosque Patio |
 |
| Enjoying the sun :) |
 |
| Sol :) |
 |
| Yet another view (and photo) of the Alhambra |
How is it that I never get tired of this city?
No comments:
Post a Comment