| The entrance to my school |
For the last eight months I have walked into work every day looking forward to saying good morning to them or having them excitedly say, "HELLO AMANDA!" when I walk into the classroom. I loved when I would talk to them in small groups during the breaks and watch them put their thoughts together and build up the courage to say or ask something to me in English. It was so great to be able to go on a couple of trips with them and help them in a real life setting. It was always fun when I got to carry out a game or activity that I had planned and I see them genuinely enjoying it and having a great time. I have had so many good memories with them and I just want to pack them all up in my suitcases and bring them home with me, but unfortunately that can't happen.
They have all definitely made an impression on me and I really hope that I have made an impression on them. I hope that even if they didn't talk a lot in class, that I had sparked some kind of interest for them to study another language, get to know another culture or consider going to another country to experience something outside of what they are comfortable with. I hope that I have helped at least a few of them build up their confidence in speaking in English and feel better about their pronunciation. I just hope that I made some kind of positive impression on all 60 of them, because they have all definitely affected me in one way or another.
| Me with my students on the Gibraltar trip |
Here's to the memories that we have made and the moments we will never forget. It has been a special year that I will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment