Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm Still Here!

Hi everyone!  I'm so sorry that I have been neglecting my blog lately.

In the past few weeks, the weather has improved dramatically.  This means that I have been spending as much time out and about as possible.  In the afternoons I am usually sitting in the park having an ice cream, reading, or journaling, hanging out with friends drinking tinto de verano and eating delicious food, soaking up the sun at the beach, or just taking a walk around town to pass the time and enjoy the weather and this town that I will miss so much.

Soaking up the rays with good company :)
Since I have posted last, I have gone on a trip to Gibraltar & Malaga with my students, I've spent a weekend in Granada with a friend, celebrated local festivals, participated in an exchange with a school from Poland and many other things.

A wild ape in Gibraltar
For the near future I have plans to spend a weekend at the beach in Alicante, a big goodbye party at my house, a trip to France and possibly (I'm not getting my hopes up yet...) Ibiza.  All this while I am finishing up my classes, closing my accounts, and saying my goodbyes before I go home in a few short weeks!  I will try to get around to blogging, but I can't guarantee anything as I am trying to take advantage of every last minute and opportunity that presents itself!

Tasting wine that is typical of Spanish fairs
I can't wait to catch you all up on my year in Spain when I get back!!

And finally, send some good thoughts my way.  With all of the education cuts in Spain, there are a lot less spots for language assistants for the coming year, so think good thoughts for me as I wait to hear about a possible placement!


No comments:

Post a Comment