1. My family and friends: Obviously this is a given, but I really, really miss my family and friends more than they know, especially now with the holiday season coming up. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy everyone I have met over here, but it's not always the same. Sometimes I will see something that will trigger a past memory but I have no one to share it with or text it to, that's always sad! So shout out to all of my friends and family- I may not be good at communicating, emailing, sending postcards or letters but I miss you all MUCHO! 2. Certain appliances: Mainly my washing machine, dryer and dishwasher. I don't think these need too much of an explanation. I am not on very good terms with the washing machine here as I have already ruined a few shirts and a dress using it. We don't have a dryer, which is something I am used to. Sometimes it is nice to have clothes fresh and soft straight from the dryer instead of stiff and cold from hanging outside. Finally, a dishwasher. 'Nuff said.
3. Familiar stores: Mainly my roommates and I complain about missing Target. Anyone who knows me, knows that I loooove Target and could go there everyday and find something new. Here, you usually have to find a store that specifically sells what you are looking for (except for the chino stores, but I'll save that for another day). There's no one-stop-shopping here in Baza.
4. Having a car: In the US I drive everywhere and all of the time. I really just enjoy the experience of driving in general. Here I have to depend on the bus system, which isn't TOO bad, but sometimes it is really frustrating and costs more time and money that it is worth. On afternoons that I am sitting around in my house after school, I would love to be able to take a car, blast my music and explore the area around where I live. 5. Cultural Things: I miss having people not stare at me. Here people will straight up stare at you, especially if you look a tad bit different, no shame at all. Usually in the US, people will look at you, smile/acknowledge you and then look away. Here, people will stare, keep staring and watch you as you walk away. Other times, they will say exactly what they are thinking, no matter how offensive it is. I have noticed that people over here are MUCH more blunt/forward/direct than many people that I know in the US.
Well there is my short list. There are other things (did I forget to mention DUNKIN DONUTS??), but these are some of the main things that I catch myself daydreaming about. Yes, sometimes I daydream about having a washing machine that I know how to use, así es mi vida.
Well luckily, there is indeed Dunkin Coffee in Granada - a lovely 10 minute walk from my piso. You can get a much needed beverage and treat tomorrow when you visit!
ReplyDeleteYou couldn't have picked a better picture than that? We all miss you!!!!
ReplyDeleteaww Amanda we miss you too love the beach pic! ♥ i miss that day!
ReplyDeletexoxo Bethany