Sunday, November 27, 2011

An International Thanksgiving

At first I was a little upset about not being home for Thanksgiving this year, but we definitely made up for it.  I was able to skype with a lot of my family - shout out to grandma, grandpa, madre, Paulie and everyone else I skyped with-  and our house here was full of friends and food.  Between the seventeen of us, I think we made way more food than we usually have at my house at home!  The menu included chicken (no turkey this year), yams, two green bean casseroles, broccoli casserole, steak, roasted potatoes & veggies, macaroni & cheese, bread, seven layer dip, two different stuffings and lots of dessert.  

Us Americans were really happy to share our food and culture with two French girls, one English girl, one Australian and four Moroccans.  It was their first Thanksgiving, and I think they enjoyed it as much as we did.


The FOOOD!
Our table set up

Almost everybody :)

Thank you to everyone who made this a Thanksgiving I will never forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment