Sunday, December 9, 2012

Flashback: France

I have officially made my Christmas plans for this year.  As it turns out, Christmas is bringing me to Lyon, France!  However, this is not my first time in Lyon.  I went in June at the end of my year in Baza.  This is where Emilie is from and she was nice enough to bring me back to her hometown and show me around and then invite me again for Christmas this year.  Needless to say, I am really exccited!!

I never posted about my trip to France at the beginning of the summer, so here is a little bit of what we did...

Emilie & Cedric at the border
Our journey to France was done by car.  We drove MANY hours from Baza to the coastal town called La Grau De Roi where we spent a few nights eating a lot of delicious food like croissants, crepes, prawns, our leftovers from Spain and many other delicious foods.  We stopped at the border/duty free shop to pick up some gigantic bags of candy really cheaply. In Grau De Roi, we walked around the beach town, went to the aquarium, went mini golfing and visited a walled-in city that was nearby.

Un petit déjeuner français (A French breakfast) 
We spent an afternoon in this medieval, walled-in city called Aigues-Mortes.  It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen.  The buildings, houses, restaurants, shops all looked so old fashioned and they all had their own styles.  The whole time I was in this city, I couldn't stop singing songs from Beauty and the Beast!

The streets in Aigues-Mortes
Mini golfing
Fun at the aquarium 
Crepes with Nutella <3
 After a couple of days on the coast, we made it up to Lyon.  We settled into Emilie's boyfriend's apartment and then went out to dinner with a bunch of his friends for his birthday celebration!  Then in the next couple of days, we did a little bit of sight-seeing (but the weather wasn't really great), visited Emilie's house about a half hour outside of the city and just enjoyed our last days hanging out together until she drove me to the Geneva airport so I could go back to Spain to eventually come home :(

Birthday Dinner!
Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere
Our last photo; In front of boat restaurants on the river  <3
I had such a great time visiting France and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.  I was so grateful that they showed me around their hometowns and shared some of their culture with me.  Now I only have 12 more days until I go back to France (for a week!) and be reunited with mi compañera del año pasado!!!  Or should I say, mon amie?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment