 |
| La playa |
What exactly do I mean by a "true vacation" you may ask? By a "true vacation" I mean that Emilie, Alexis and I spent a weekend in the city of Alicante and did absolutely NOTHING cultural. It was fabulous and just what we needed as our year was coming to an end. It was a little chillier than we had expected, but nonetheless, we spent hours laying out in the beach, took long lunches eating more food than we should have, drank mojitos and beer in the evenings, ate ice cream every day, checked out the nightlife, got to know our hostel-mates a bit, shopped at the market on the esplanade and walked around the streets without a map, getting lost and taking photos of everything we found.
I did learn two things on this trip though. I learned just what it was like to travel with two French people and I learned that if I plan to take a bus that will get me home at 7am on a Monday morning, I should probably request the day off instead of sleeping through the day to have your students ask you ALL WEEK why you weren't at school on Monday. Those kids don't miss a thing...
 |
| Mojitos! |
 |
| Self serve frozen yogurt at YoYo!!! |
 |
| Drinks and sandwiches at 100 Montaditos!! |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| We stumbled upon a part of the city that was covered in pretty graffiti-ed quotes. |
 |
| "Poet's corner" |
 |
| The Port |
 |
| The esplanade |
 |
| Cool bridge over the highway on our last evening in Alicante |
 |
| Beach bums :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment