Tuesday, July 10, 2012

1B Theater

On the evening of May 31st, my last day official day of work, we finally had the theater production that we had been practicing since the beginning of January!!

My students in the first level received their scripts in January and we practiced pretty consistently for four-five months.  We practiced on days that I worked and I occasionally went in on Fridays to help them out.  There were presenters, newscasters, commercials, three plays and one song.  Practice days were complete chaos, especially when we got down to dress rehearsals.  Carolina and I would split up into two different classrooms and have the kids practice their lines while we corrected them on timing, pronunciation and of course the intonation.

It turned out to be a great success!!  We invited all of their parents to come to the school that evening and they performed.  I was running the sound and the background, so I was not able to take photos, but I gave my camera to some of my students and they took a couple for me.

Sitting around, waiting for all of the parents to enter the room.
The Firemen
"King of Boonland"
Rimmel Mascara commercial
The whole group after the performance :)

We got through the whole performance with almost no mistakes.  The funny part is that this was the SHORTEST that it ever went because they were all so nervous and we didn't have to spend most of our time shoosh-ing them constantly.

And as I'm sure you can tell by my face, this is the first time (of many) that they successfully made me cry.  As frustrating, annoying, headache-inducing (you get the idea...) they can be, they are still great kids and they all have a good side to them.  That's the side of them that I will miss so much!  It was the moment where one of the students realized that it was the last time that I was going to be with them and she said that she was going to miss me so much and she began to cry.  I was unable to keep my cool and then began tearing up myself.  I think it was a great note to end off on.

No comments:

Post a Comment