Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Last Day

I knew the date of my last day the whole time.  I knew at some point, it would finally be May 31st and I would walk through the door of the school for the last time (well, not quite the last, but the last OFFICIAL time).  I decided that I wanted to bring something in to share for the teacher's lounge because I had learned that if you are celebrating something, you generally bring in something to share with everyone so that they know you are celebrating.  Since May 31st was a celebration day for me, I made an american flag to share.

Me with the flag
I had to get a little creative because strawberries were no longer in season and blueberries were not in season yet.  I ended up buying cherries, which were in the peak of their season, white chocolate covered cookies and any candies I could find that were blue.

Everyone really liked what I brought in and they got a good laugh out of it because it was supposed to be the american flag.  As people grabbed a piece or two from my masterpiece, they gave me besitos (two kisses on the cheek), told me how happy they were that they had met me this year, congratulated me and/or wished me a safe trip back home.  Some people were really surprised that I was already finished because they thought that I was going to stay until the end of the term.  Half of me wished that I had stayed until the end of the term and half of me was happy that I was leaving then.

Carolina (my boss/bilingual coordinator) and I
I had a great year at IES Alcrebite and I REALLY wish that I was going back to that school again next year.  Instead of being sad and wishing I was going back though, I am going to be happy for the great year that I had and the amazing memories that I made.

Next up I will post some photos of the goodbye parties that my students threw for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment