I've now reached the countdown until I go home. I officially only have two months left in Almería and I am trying to squeeze absolutely everything in. I have two more trips in the near future and after that my plan is to spend the rest of my weekends sunbathing, swimming and playing games on the beach. I have to take advantage as much as I can, because I don't know if I will ever live a 15 minute walk from a beach ever again.
| From the top of the Alcazaba of Almería. Yes, it is already tank top weather here :) |
I have to be completely honest and say that I am looking forward to coming home. My feelings are completely split in half. I love, love, love Spain and the experiences I have here in Europe, but at the same time, the home side of me is pulling a little bit harder. I really do miss my friends and family. There are things going on in their lives that I am sad to be missing out on. I miss having a car and the freedom that the car brings me. I actually do miss being able to speak my own language and not have to worry about people judging my speaking abilities every time I open my mouth. I look forward to ordering my coffee with a little bit of flavor in it or in a nice big cup so that I can savor it a little bit longer.
I could go on and on about the things that I miss from home, but I'll spare you all of the babbling. It is amazing the things that I have learned, experienced and learned to appreciate in these last two years. I know that I should never take anything for granted and that if I ever get an interesting opportunity, I need to jump on and it give it a try. I think these last two years have made me a little more open minded, adventurous, worldly and cautious at the same time. I have so many experiences to look back on and I have met so many amazing people who have affected me in more ways than they could possibly know.
I will make it a personal goal to try to catch up with as much as I can on my blog in the month of May. That means that I will probably post a lot of things in a very short period of time. Don't rush to read it all- this blog isn't going anywhere for a while. Now I am wishing that I had kept up with journaling this year so that it would have been easier to catch up on 5-6 months worth of blog posts.
Much love to all of you who still have faith in me and check my blog! I know that you are out there and I appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment