It would be safe to say that tapas culture is a very big thing in Spain and it happens to be a culture that I appreciate and participate in often. I would say that I go out for tapas at least once or twice a week (on average). Tapas is a social time where you can meet up with friends, drink a couple of glasses of wine and catch up on life. A tapa is a small amount of food that you receive when you order a glass of wine or beer. In Almería, they happen to be free with your drink so they are very convenient for those of us living the student lifestyle. A tapa can be anything from a small plate of cheese, olives & ham or as big as a full plate of meat, fries & a small salad. The fun part about tapas is trying new places to see who has the best, the biggest or the cheapest tapas.
I try to take pictures of some of my tapas, but sometimes by the time they come I am so hungry and forget to take a picture! Here are some pictures I have collected over since I've been in Almería:
 |
Fresh Mozzarella cheese on top of bread with a cherry tomato
We enjoyed this at the Mercado de San Miguel in Madrid |
 |
| Migas- Very typical for this area. "Migas" technically translates to "crumbs". These migas came with some green peppers, a piece of chorizo and an anchovy. The other tapa was delicious stuffed mussels. |
 |
| Codfish with caramelized onion & raisins. |
 |
| A baked potato with alioli mayonnaise, cheese & corn |
 |
| "Supercabaña" This tapa has two different kinds of meat, a fried egg, bread, fries, a small salad & some alioli mayonnaise on the side. |
 |
| PAELLA |
 |
| Clams in white wine sauce |
 |
| Lo mein noodles from the chinese tapas place in Granada! |
 |
| Chorizo in cider on top of potatoes |
 |
& there are SO many more out there.
Cheers! |
No comments:
Post a Comment