November 22, 2012 was just a normal day in Spain. Everyone got up, went on with their daily routines and thought nothing special about the fourth Thursday of November. For me it was a little strange to get up, go to work and have nobody really acknowledge what day it was. For me, it was my second Thanksgiving spent in Spain and one of the first days that I really miss being with my family more than other days.
In the morning I gave a presentation to my students about the background, history and some of the culture of Thanksgiving. In the evening we organized a Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of friends. Dinner was hosted at the apartment of three american girls and we made it come to life. There was more food that all of us could handle. On the menu we had: Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, caesar salad, gravy & stuffing. It tasted just like Thanksgiving from home.
We had a great time and it was so much fun to share our holiday with our other international friends. Now I am excited because I know that I will be home for the next Thanksgiving dinner with my family, eating as much as my mother's pumpkin bread as possible!!
 |
| THE FOOOOD! |
 |
| The five Americans |
 |
| My plate |
 |
| Enjoying the dinner |
No comments:
Post a Comment