Hi everyone!
I have made it safely back to Spain and I have moved from the montañas of Baza to the playa of Almería. Today was my third day in the city and so far it seems really nice.
I spent my first two days looking up all of the people who were renting out apartments and I called just about every number I could find. Eventually I got through to a few people and was able to see three apartments yesterday. I decided that I did not want to call up anymore people and that the three apartments I saw were nice. I chose my favorite of the three, even though it was the most expensive, because it is super cute, has a great location, is very convenient for me and will really suit me well, I think.
After I moved everything into the new place and did a little bit of grocery shopping, I was able to spend the afternoon walking around the city and relaxing by the beach with my book. I am taking these last few days before school starts as a small vacation/transition time between jobs.
Thank you everyone for the well wishes and positive thoughts! One of the hardest parts is already over. Now I just have to apply for a new identity card, find a new bank, start work and get to know some people!
So I will do a comment. Glad you arrived safely and found a place to live. I guess it would be too cold in the winter to live on the beach.:) We are again contemplating Spain for next year but who knows. We ewant to travel with Phill's brother and wife so I guess they do have a say so. Not much else happening. Take care and have fun. Lois
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mrs. Becker! It's great to hear from you. If you end up deciding on Spain, let me know! xoxo
DeleteUse CajaMar! I loved them and they were super helpful with everything!!
ReplyDeleteI actually ended up going with Santander. When I went to sign up for Cajamar she told me that I would have to pay 61 euros to become a member or something like that. I said, "no, thank you" and peaced out. There really is a Cajamar on every block here, though. it's ridiculous! haha
ReplyDelete