All things considered, the visa appointment went pretty well. I ended up getting into Boston an hour before my appointment, so I was able to spend a little time lounging in the park before I had to walk into the waiting room. I was glad that I had been there before because I felt very prepared and knew what to expect. I had copies of EVERYTHING I gave them, so they did not send me away to make copies. I had everything organized into two piles (originals & copies), so the initial transaction went smoothly. Then I ended up chatting with two people who were also waiting for their visas.
 |
| Sitting in the park |
The only negatives were that I sat in the waiting room for 2.5 hours and that I did not have an updated FBI background check (out of my control). So as soon as I get the background check back, get it the apostille seal and then have it translated, I can go back to the consulate office anytime so that they can complete my paperwork. Hopefully it comes in soon because the sooner the visa process is over, the better!
Now with that dreaded appointment behind me, I can start thinking about my next steps! Buying my flight, finishing up my TEFL course, packing, gathering cultural materials, etc...
Il mondo intero attende la sua prossima entrata. Il mondo intero.
ReplyDelete