First thing was first, we went into a bar and ordered a round of beers. Sometimes it seems that whenever I am with all Spaniards, all we do is drink! After that round, we went to another bar, where I ordered my typical Fanta limón. We got some great tapas. One of the guys we were with tried to convince me that the spinach croquette was a turtle croquette...
After spending a little time in this town, we drove even further on the scariest, narrowest roads I have ever been on. We went up into the mountains to a beautiful restaurant and ate the most expensive meal I think I have ever had. First, while we were waiting for a table, we ordered another round of beers and our tapa was veal. I had never tried veal before, but I actually really enjoyed it. It was cooked just right and had a really delicious sauce on it. That was the first new thing I tried, of many...
I got a photo of every course except the first which was an appetizer of a bit of salmorejo, a piece of garlic toast, a mushroom croquette and a mini duck empanada. The only one I didn't eat was the croquette.
Next was...
Bacalao, which is cod, with some vegetables and sauce
A salad with lettuce, tomato, strawberry, pomegranate goat cheese and shredded cheese- yum!
This was the specialty dish of the house. Scrambled eggs with truffle. This came with a second kind of wine.
Rice with partridge, this came with yet another wine.
Finally, the main dish. Lamb with potatoes and vegetables. We were all almost too full to even try what was on this plate. I managed to eat a tiny bit.
Our four different kinds of dessert, which came with yet another (and the best) wine.
It was a very nice, expensive and classy meal, but I really enjoyed it and I am really glad that Jenny called me up to join them. I tried for the first time: Veal, cod, partridge and lamb and it was all really good!
Here's to being adventurous!
LIKE!
ReplyDeleteI knew you would like this :) :)
ReplyDelete